Award winning home, with the best panoramic views in the mountains! Unbelievable!
Perched on the edge of a cliff and privately positioned, at the end of a laneway is this most unusual architect designed home. When built, ‘Mountaintop Villa’ won the house of the year award, by the Master Builders Association of NSW, for its creative design. Framed by close ancient rock faces, the villa offers unobstructed panoramic views of Megalong Valley, the distant horizon and beyond.
This beautiful cottage resides on over one acre, surrounded by the Blue Mountains World Heritage Nature Reserve. It is an eco-built and environmentally-conscious home, incorporating thermal mudbrick walls, double glazed windows and indigenous timbers.
Within four levels of spacious living, a sense of wonderment leads one through arched mudbrick passageways, with every room offering vaulting timber ceilings and hand crafted furnishings. Designed with many windows and skylights, much natural light is brought into the living spaces. The semi-circular living room has floor to ceiling windows, which fully captures the view and leads out, to a large travetine entertainment deck within lush garden surrounds and escarpment views, one can relax in the warmth of an eight person outdoor spa. Close by, is a beautiful rock dam and water fountain, which attracts many birds and animal life to its shores.
There are five bedrooms, one with its own kitchenette and three bathrooms; two as ensuites and one with a large, two person spa. The fully equipped gourmet kitchen provides designer appliances, with a large gas cooktop and electric oven. An adobe woodfire oven is perfect for cooking pizzas and baked dinners.
The villa has been designed to capture the northern sun, to offer warmth in the cold winter months. This is embellished, by two slow combustion wood heaters and hydrothermal central heating, which is provided through radiators in every room. Air-conditioning is available in the living area.
Nature paths, leading directly off the property, take one along clifftop walks and into the valley, via the Six Foot Track. Mountaintop Villa is only minutes from the charming Katoomba (Katoomba Accommodation) and Leura (Leura Accommodation) villages, which offer lovely boutiques, cafes, art galleries, antique shops and excellent dining.
A non-smoking house. Accommodates up to 10 people. The perfect Blue Mountains self contained accommodation option for anyone that wants to take in the true beauty and unique characteristics of the Blue Mountains
- Unique architect designed mudbrick home, with four levels of elegant living
- Privately perched on the edge of the national reserve, with magnificent panoramic views and lush garden outlooks, from every window
- Luxurious five bedroom cottage offering two king beds, two queens, two king singles, in the bedrooms and a double sofabed, in the living area.
- Under floor heating, in main bedroom
- Three bathrooms, two as ensuites. The main bathroom has a large, two person spa
- Vaulting cathedral timber ceilings
- Gourmet kitchen, with adobe woodburning cooking oven, microwave and espresso coffee maker
- Sit within the view, on the spacious entertainment patio
- Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of an hydrotherapy jacuzzi hot tub. Accommodates up to 8
- Central heating, embellished by two slow combustion woodfire heaters, with firewood supplied
- Warm northern aspect
- Air conditioning, in the living area
- Wireless Internet
- LCD television, stereo system, DVD, CD player
- Quality linens and towels provided
- Designer laundry appliances
- Direct access to clifftop and valley paths
- Views of Megalong Valley, Nellies Glen, the Six Foot Track, Radiata Plateau and Cahill’s Lookout
- Close to the charming villages of Katoomba and Leura
To book online, please use the availability gadget near the top of the page
For full confirmation, a deposit of 50% of the tariff is requested. The balance is requested one week before arrival, by Direct Deposit or by Credit Card.
By Direct Deposit or Credit Card i.e. MasterCard or VISA.
For security of Mountaintop Villa, a credit card authorization for $500 is requested, prior to taking occupancy
One night’s deposit will be charged if there is a cancellation. If we are able to re-let ‘Mountaintop Villa’, the full deposit will be refunded, less a $25 administration fee.
Please fill out the enquiries form, or feel free to call us for additional information.